Saturday, November 27, 2010

More photos of our new home

By request:

The living room. That window "air conditioner" in the upper left is the only heating and cooling in the entire apartment.  No vents or ductwork or anything. The telescope is for looking at the harbor, sailing ships, whale watching. I also watched a guy eat a bowl of cereal one night when I was spying on the neighbors with it.

Saturday morning breakfast.

Kim is getting pissy because I never let her take my picture. So I let her have this one.

Master bedroom. The tiny closet on the far side is all I get. Princess Kim has a wall full of closets, shelves, and drawers. The rest of my clothes are in a guest room closet that is down a long hallway 21 steps away (I counted this morning). My goal is to get ready for work and only make the 21-step journey once.

Guest Room number 1. Waiting for visitors. Those 4 drawers are all the storage space you get though because the closet is full of my work clothes.

This is "Little Manly" cove. The beach is a small, neighborhood beach. The fence you see in the lower left is to keep sharks out. I suspect that this is the only beach where my son Travis will stick his toe in the water. See the yellow and green ferry boat in the upper right? That is how I get to work... Kim prefers the bus. More about that in a future blog.

This is the master bathroom. It is at the foot of our bed. Can anyone see the problem with this bathroom? There is no door! I've never had a toilet where you were expected to go "in public".  Liane (following this blog) designs houses and she doesn't believe in potty doors either.  She uses potty time as bonus "conversation time" with her husband. I don't get it. Whenever Kim and I wake up in the middle of the night we walk 21 steps down the long hall to take care of our business in private. I'm getting tired of the long walk though. I think its time we moved beyond the honeymoon phase and I'm going to start taking the short trip.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! Suzy was strolling thru your neighborhood as I walked up to the computer. Google Street View isn't fully robust in your neighborhood yet, your building was only two-dimensions, (lots of floorspace, not much headroom).

    I am firmly on the side of potty doors. It is not conversation time. It is not phone time. It's reading time. Ok, text if you must.

    Is this an instance where the whole "Australia was originally populated with criminals" comes into play? ("Huh? What does that have to do with potty doors?" "Cuz Prison cells have the toilets right there in open to prevent, well, things from happening". "What kind of things?" "Go ask your Mom.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we don't really use it for conversation time! And, we do have privacy - I've always had a half wall between the potty and the rest of the bathroom! But, I don't like those tiny little 3'x4' rooms with no windows - too claustrophobic! Actually, in the next house I'm designing, I may design his and hers entire bathrooms - we got the idea when we were upgraded to a HUGE suite in Las Vegas at Ceasar's a couple of weeks ago! We liked not sharing any part of the bathroom! And that way, we can put a TV in each and not have to compromise on what channel it's on!

    I love the new apartment - the view is amazing! You never know when we might have to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and not to complain, but I hate the multiple steps involved in having to post a comment to this blog!! What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and there are no pics of the kitchen - why not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe i have to solve this for you. Hang a drape!

    ReplyDelete