Censored. Kim made me remove this one.
1. she didn't get it
2. when I explained it she didn't think it was funny
3. it had references to John Hopoate, a local rugby player who was thrown out of the league because he kept .... okay dear. I stopped. They can google it if they want to learn more... I apologize.
This one actually has an epilogue... two days ago in Sydney two of the local guys were bantering and making fun of each other over sports affiliation. Every once in awhile they would pause and explain an obscure reference to me ("Tasmanians have 2 heads because of all the prison in-breeding..."). One called the other a Hopoate (pronounced hope-oh-ate-e). They looked at me and I said - I know that one! And we all shared a hearty belly laugh. Now you too will be ready if Hope-oh-ate-e ever comes up in sports banter!
ReplyDeleteOh GROSS I googled it....
ReplyDeleteYeah, I googled it too and agree with Joe. Gross. Thanks for that :)
ReplyDelete